January 24, 2006

Chapter 79

No time for love Doctor JOnes, new chapter! This one's a pretty maudlin affair where Hugo goes to visit Delia Muto in the hospital. You wonder what kind of loose visitation rights this place has. He's all bummed and cries a bunch. Is he sad for what he did to her? Or sad that it got him kicked out of the family? Both? I don't know!

Also I want to note that it's still not clear who the actual narrator is. I mention it b/c there's one part where it says "I'm so sorry." but it's not in quotes, so is Hugo just thinking it? Or was it coming from the narrator? Do you know what I mean? I feel like there's been some stuff earlier where the narrator said the word "I." I'm just throwing some strange ideas out there.

But anyways this chapter really picks up at the end when Hugo gets mysteriously grabbed and thrown in a cab! Correction a Cadillac! Do not email me Leona.