January 10, 2006

Chapter 77

The last few chapters have all been a lot of flashbacks right in a row, I guess. This chapter is a family meeting with Hugo's family. I can't remember if we ever learned their last name or not. Either way, the upshot of this chapter is that Hugo gets kicked out of the family because of his science experiment, which caused DELIA MUTO to get put in the hospital and his parents to have to bail him out of jail. Basically they've had it with him. Hugo and his sister Allison have an interesting relationship, because they're sort of antagonistic like regular siblings, but also they seem to understand each other and have an "us vs them relationship" with their parents. That's what I got out of this chapter, ayways. I like the chapters that are all dialogue like this one is. Thumbs up Fonzie style. I wonder how many more chapters are left?