February 28, 2008

Chapter 134

So Hugo is in Glendenning's office now. This chapter is mostly conversation. As you know that is the main good stuff in this book, but unfortunately I can't quote it so it'll just have to a quick summary.

Hugo says he knows where the document is, he just needs a few supplies and then he can go get it. He's not going to just TELL Glendenning where it is, because that would probably be a dumb thing to do and he might end up dead. He needs leverage, you know? So Glendenning eventually agrees after much back and forth, and Hugo says maybe I can get a job here full-time if I do this job right.

(Also Hugo knows where Allison is b/c she used his equipment from the trunk to record the message, and in that way she was able to give him a secret hidden message with her address. Pretty neat.)

I thought it would be funny if at the end instead of saying "Serious benefits" Glendenning said "401k with company matching." Like actually listed the benefits. I don't know, maybe it's just the current political climate making me say that.