September 22, 2007

Chapter 119

OK this was a long chapter so let's get serious.

Sam and Mister Horn have words. Horn tells him that Frank Muto wants the kid who took his boat (Billy). Sam tries to wrangle some kind of deal (i.e. I give you the kid you give me X), but Horn's not having it and shoots Sam in the knee. And then all the hoodlums are about to beat him up.

OK, well it IS a long chapter, but it's mostly funny dialogue.

My main question about this chapter was why they were firing the cannon at the Spire of Ice? How did they know that Sam knew where Billy was? Was it just a lucky guess? Also I need to go back and read about Sam again, because why would he protect Billy? At first I was thinking he was kind of an every-man-for-himself type of pirate, but I guess he's pretty sentimental about some stuff? Maybe Allison softened him up somehow, you know how we women are.