April 12, 2006

Chapter 91

Phew, low whistle. There was a lot of monologues in this chapter. VERY BASICALLY, Hogwild is bummed and hurt that he didn't know about the secret stuff Hugo is in on. Then there's an extended metaphor of them talking about sports trophies, and that goes into them talking about how they want to feel important/immortal, and by the end I guess it's decided that Hogwild should help Hugo find the document, and it'll be an important thing for them to go together so they can be men, or whatever.

That is the way slim overview, right there.

Also the urchin gets sick on ice cream and wanders off, which is good b/c everytime I read the word "urchin" I had "Paradise City" by Guns & Roses in my head for the rest of the day. Just an urchin living under the street, I'm a tough case that's hard to beat, I'm your charity case so buy me something to eat. WHOA maybe that song was the inspiration for this whole chapter. Leona, would back me up but she's on the riverboat playing Keno this week.